Sunday, May 17, 2009

What is Chelsea Staub doing on the J.O.N.A.S. Jonas Brothers show?




After watching three shows, I’m convinced J.O.N.A.S. is to The Monkees television show what Laverne and Shirley were to I Love Lucy and Cheers was to Taxi. All three were pretty much copies of the previous shows.


Look at the evidence:

The cuddly but stupid one – Peter Tork, Kevin

The cute but stupid one – Davey Jones, Joe

The funny but stupid one – Mickey Dolenz, sorry, there’s only one Jonas left, the non-funny, but very creative one, Nick


Again I was wrong on J.O.N.A.S. The night the show debuted, I said there was no one playing the smart Monkee, Mike Nesbitt. After the third show, it appears there is a fourth Jonas, and I’m not talking Frankie. Chelsea Staub plays the smart Monkee, I mean Jonas Brother. She’s Mike Nesbitt! That’s the role of her Sheila Malone “I have a crush on Joe” character.


I love Nicole Anderson’s character, Macy Misa. She is totally underutilized. She appears to be the most talented actor/actress on the show. Is it me or is she a Demi Lovato/Selena Gomez look-a-like (come on – you’ve never seen the Gomez - Lovato resemblance?)


Disney told its share holders last week the reason profits have hit the skids is because of its movies. Have you seen the previews to “Up” and “G-Force.” That skid is turning into a landslide.


Here’s a great premise We all know “I Love You Beth Cooper” will be a smash just because every male in the nation, er, world 8 to 80 is going to see Hayden Panettierre.


Panettierre may belong to NBC for television, but Disney owns her soul in the vocals department.


Imagine a movie with Staub, Vanessa Hudgens, Panettierre and Taylor Swift (not a Disney property but she knows where the bread is buttered) and all the Disney hotties. That’d be stiff competition for any movie. Sort of the premise of Bandslam. Come on. You think people are going to see it for the plot or Hudgens and Alyson Michalka? Wake up! If 17 Again wasn’t doing so well against Wolverine, where both stars drop their shirt, I’d say the same thing about Zac Efron’s current flick.


No comments:

Post a Comment