Friday, December 11, 2009

Trouble in Selena Gomez land
No publicity for Tempe show
Disney public relations machine atrocious

Selena Gomez plays Tempe Sunday, but you wouldn't know it if you lived in Arizona. Hollywood Records Matt Brandt decided to "pass" on allowing this site, in the top 5% of all blogs worldwide, into the show. To my knowledge, there was no radio or news print before the show, other than the usual short listings of upcoming shows.

My experience was seven calls to Disney. I got the Florida theme park, I got the Disney Anaheim theme park. When I asked for Hollywood Records, the operator transferred me to some guy in "records management," which maintains the files for Disney.


Finally got hold of Matt Brant, who I spoke to Nov. 13, and he said they were passing on publicity. Good luck, Selena. Shows why no Disney artists were in Billboard's Hot 100 for the decade and all the aspiring stars I speak with at conferences and conventions say they want to avoid Disney like the plague. I didn't understand until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment