Monday, June 29, 2009

Hannah Montana 3 soundtrack
Radio Disney exclusive
#1 on Billboard in three weeks; right out of the box

For about a week Radio Disney has been hyping it’s exclusive premier of songs from the Hannah Montana 3 soundtrack, available in a week.

Only one problem with that Radio Disney exclusive – all the songs are already available on YouTube. As I Tweeted a friend, why go out and pay for a CD when you can listen to it on YouTube, MySpace, a myriad of online radio stations? Is it that important to say you have it on your iPod? Listening to it right now on an excellent stereo with world famous speakers. Sounds fabulous – all from a computer. Not available for a week. Probably could find Demi Lovato Here We Go Again on YouTube. Maybe even the Bandslam soundtrack or I Love You Beth Cooper soundtrack.

My Hannah Montana 3 soundtrack prediction? Billboard #1 right out of the box on July 19. Probably sell 700,000 to 800,000 units, double what Jonas Brothers’ Lines Vines and Trying Times did – and it isn’t a Miley Cyrus CD; Hannah Montana.

No YouTube video on Bandslam, but here’s the song list (I want anything featuring either Michalka sister as well as Vanessa Hudgens – finest vocalists of our time). Release date Aug. 11:

1. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie

2. Femme Fatale - Velvet Underground & Nico

3. I Want You To Want Me - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

4. What Heart - Oliver Future

5. Lovesick - 78 Violet (Featuring Aly & AJ)

6. Twice Is Too Much - Exist

7. Amphetamine - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

8. 24 Hours - Shack

9. Stuck In The Middle - The Burning Hotels

10. Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn & John

11. Someone To Fall Back On - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

12. Blizzard Woman Blues - The Daze

13. Everything I Own - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Vanessa Hudgens)

14. What Light - Wilco

15. Where Are You Now - Honor Society

No comments:

Post a Comment