Monday, August 31, 2009

Miley Cyrus Twitter musical preference

Miley Cyrus has admitted on Twitter her musical preference is emo. For the past few days I've surrounded myself with Joe Satriani's Anthology CD. I invite Ms. Cyrus to add this to her iPod. She'll forget those emo bands in a moment.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to see Hollywood Records evolve and add Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen and Dweezil Zappa as backing musicians for groups like 78violet (Aly & AJ) or Demi Lovato? You'd have the world's top four living guitar players. Come on, argue with that on comments!

Recently I read a music review, possibly from Philadelphia, that Ashley Tisdale was channeling Kelly Clarkson. It wasn't until I heard the first two songs of Here We Go Again that I believed in that review. I love Lovato's voice, but that review and the first two songs ruined the whole CD for me. That's why Hollywood Records needs to evolve. Its Hilary Duff formula - which includes High School Musical, Aly & AJ to Lovato - is growing stale.

So it is my dream (is that a Blue Dream?) to combine the slick production of Disney with the world's greatest rock musicians. Maybe even Pete Townshend! Let me produce the next generation of Tween Music. It will change how you listen to music forever - much like Jimi Hendrix did!




No comments:

Post a Comment