Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ashley Tisdale movie bombs
What about Guilty Pleasure?


Ashley Tisdale’s Aliens in the Attic did as well as Hayden Panettiere’s I Love You Beth Cooper; actually better. Attic made $8-mill compared to Cooper at $5-mill for its opening weekend. It landed at #5 and will fall FAST.

Yawn – who cares? Tisdale has been all over the Internet, Twitter, MySpace – and it wasn’t promoting Aliens, either. It was hyping (in her case, SUPER hyping) Guilty Pleasure. I’ve already gone out on a limb and said it would be #1 on Billboard’s 200 next week, right out of the box. Let’s see if I’m right.

I give Tisdale kudos; why I’ll explain in a minute. I’ve spent the last 24-hours doing NOTHING but listening to the Bandslam CD version of Vanessa Hudgens singing Everything I Own.

Hudgens has said she is giving up singing for acting. Big mistake. I have said Alyson Michalka has the finest voice ever, but look whose song I’m listening to off the soundtrack. I’ve bestowed the POSE-OFF QUEEN title to Hudgens. Wait until you see Bandslam and how she poses so well during her song performance – she was meant for music, not movies. What a fantastic voice!

Let me be brutal here – Ashley Tisdale does not have the voice either Michalka or Hudgens have. Like me, she is able to spot music trends and where pop culture is going – how else did she land on Zack & Cody as well as High School Musical enterprise? I love her marketing finesse. Unlike Hudgens, she is using that to her advantage. So what if Aliens bombs – she’s delivered her image to her HSM, Zack & Cody audience and is going after her passion with Guilty Pleasure. What’s not to love with that marketing finesse?


No comments:

Post a Comment