Saturday, July 4, 2009

What do North Korea and I Love You Beth Cooper have in common? Both bomb.

This spring I had such high hopes for I Love You Beth Cooper. Thought it would be the movie to challenge Harry Potter (which will be the highest grossing movie of the year). Alas, now I’m wondering which will be a bigger bomb, those North Korean missiles or I Love You Beth Cooper. Bruno is going to clobber it. Blood: The Last Vampire may even surpass it.


This has to be some of the worst marketing I’ve seen – and I’ve seen some terrible, terrible marketing. Where is Hayden Panettiere on Ellen, Conan, Letterman, Regis and Kelly, Ryan Secrest, Twitter, MySpace? The same trailer has been up on YouTube for months.


A search of Panettiere’s name one week before the film debuts reveals her tramp stamp was misspelled and she just broke up with Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones (Oh, you mean ANOTHER Steve Jones. Well, excuuuse me). No mention of the movie in those stories – or her TV show.


Even G-Force will do better! Shall we take bets on how long before I Love You Beth Cooper is out on DVD? I’ll wait. When does Bandslam come out again? At least there’ll be one movie worth catching this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment