Sunday, July 26, 2009

What is going on with Bandslam soundtrack?
Taylor Swift American Girl?

What is going on with Bandslam soundtrack? Some of the best 21st Century marketing I’ve seen this side of Ashley Tisdale, and now I’m seeing kinks in the armour.

Every Tween – teen site has posted the video of Vanessa Hudgens’ Everything I own, but the MP3 is not available on Amazon, iTunes or other sites. It’s not getting radio play. Neither is Taylor Swift’s American Girl (Tom Petty cover song). I will admit, I MOSTLY listen to Internet radio, and I’m not hearing either. If you’re going to preview a music product, at least have it available to purchase. Could you see the Beach Boys releasing Little Deuce Coupe without it available (within a few days) for sale? That’s called dumb, stupid marketing. It’s called letting greenbacks slip through your fingers.

Then, at the end of June I posted the Bandslam soundtrack. During a recent Web cast Aly & AJ said Lovesick, schedule for Bandslam, will be on their –who knows when it will be releases- 78violet work.

Today I checked Amazon again. Now it has Femme Fatal listed twice, same song, Lovesick is gone, as well as Amphetamine that is in a promo clip for the movie. Also, What Heart, Olive Future, 24 Hours - Shack and Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn & John. Three new songs have been added. What’s up wit’ dat? Hopefully it is Amazon that has messed up, but a recent encounter with a public relations staffer at the record label would lead me to question the label’s marketing capability. Hopefully the film producer will catch this. It may have been a case of while the cat’s away, the mice will play and the record label made the changes without discussing the marketing strategy with the film producers. Not a good strategy, though.

At least we’ve found out the name of the winners of Bandslam. It’s one of the songs listed on the July 26 set (hint – not on the June 29 set list).

July 26, 2009

1. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie

2. Femme Fatale - Velvet Underground & Nico

3. I Want You To Want Me - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

4. Where Are You Now - Honor Society

5. Lunar One - Seventeen Evergreen

6. Femme Fatale - Velvet Underground

7. Twice Is too Much - Exist

8. Road - Nick Drake

9. Someone To Fall Back On - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalaka)

10. I Want You To Want Me - Aly Michalka

11. Pretend - Scott Porter & The Glory Dogs

12. Stuck In The Middle - The Burning Hotels

13. Blizzard Woman Blues - The Daze

14. Everything I Own - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Vanessa Hudgens)

15. What Light – Wilco


June 29, 2009

1. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie

2. Femme Fatale - Velvet Underground & Nico

3. I Want You To Want Me - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

4. What Heart - Oliver Future

5. Lovesick - 78 Violet (Featuring Aly & AJ)

6. Twice Is Too Much - Exist

7. Amphetamine - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

8. 24 Hours - Shack

9. Stuck In The Middle - The Burning Hotels

10. Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn & John

11. Someone To Fall Back On - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Aly Michalka)

12. Blizzard Woman Blues - The Daze

13. Everything I Own - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Featuring Vanessa Hudgens)

14. What Light - Wilco

15. Where Are You Now - Honor Society


No comments:

Post a Comment